By my count, 40% of the vertical space on my MacBook Pro's screen, while using Chrome (approximately 600 pixels), is taken up by tabs and controls. That leaves 60% for the main thing I do. This is fine on my tall monitor at the office, but in coffee shops I feel like I'm peering through a slit at the articles I'm writing or editing. I'd love to be able to collapse the controls, or have some of them moved to the "gray space" at the sides.